Balfour-- Caps, Gowns, Etc.
Balfour will return on Tuesday, November 18 to collect orders for caps and gowns, invitations, etc. Chris Bush, our Balfour Representative, met with students on November 11 to explain the ordering process. Here are some notes from that meeting:
- Balfour will be at GHS on November 18 during Lunch and until 4:30-ish to accept orders and answer questions.
- Orders for cap/gown/v-stole MUST be turned in on Tuesday.
- You must submit both forms -- the blue form and the smaller white form.
- When ordering cap and gown, make sure you give accurate measurments for height and weight.
- Girls who plan to wear heels to graduation should add one or two inches to their height.
- If you have big hair you might consider ordering an extra large cap.
- Invitations will use the name from your order form (blue sheet) on your invitations. So put your full legal name on your order form.
- Blue form, Line 38 -- Put "1" in the quantity box... BUT if you are borrowing a Balfour cap, gown, and v-stole from a former graduate. Please note on your order form if you are borrowing.
- On November 18, a down payment of $60 is expected when you place your order. If you are only ordering a cap/gown/v-stole, your down payment is $20. The down payment ensures that you will recieve your items promptly. (Checks payable to Balfour)
See Ms. Fye in Room 207 if you have any question or call Chris Bush (phone on bottom of order form).
Order your yearbook online and save!!! Each yearbook is $35 when ordered online at www.Balfour.com before December 22!
Celebrate Glasgow High School's 100th Anniversary and show your Scottie Pride by purchasing a commemorative shirt or yard sign!
Click here for an order form!
You need 16 (09-10) credits to be classified as a senior. All diplomas require 22 credits and eight semesters to graduate. Students who are utilizing Novelstar to obtain additional credits needed for graduation must complete those courses on or before May 1.
Scholarship applications are available from the guidance office or the scholarship cabinet in the café. Scholarships are listed on this web site, counselor corner bulletin board in the cafeteria and are announced over the intercom when they arrive.
Senior English classes and the bulletin board in the cafeteria have updates on Open Houses offered by various colleges and institutions.
Seniors have two college days available to them their senior year. You may not use it during state testing or dates designated "off-limits" by administration. Senior students must obtain a college day prearranged form from the assistant principal three (3) days prior to the visit and obtain the proper approval – parent, teachers and principal. Those desiring to visit a military recruiter must receive prior-approval by the principal. Students visiting WKU-Glasgow Campus or other post-secondary institutions in Glasgow/Barren County are only granted 1/2 day unless approved by the principal. Always contact the college you are visiting in advance and submit proper documentation (on letterhead) from the college visit to GHS attendance clerk for the absence to be excused on the next school day of your return. (This is the student’s responsibility.)